Moving into your place is extremely exciting – until you factor in packing, transporting your stuff AND unpacking. Here are some tips on how to make morning a little less painful —
1. Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials.
The worst part about moving is never knowing where any of your stuff is when you first touch down at your new place. Relieve some of your stress by packing an overnight bag that has everything you need for a day or two so you can shower and decompress after a long day of moving.
2. Wrap your breakables (dishes, glasses, etc.) in clothing.
3. In addition to labeling what’s in your boxes, add what room they’ll be going into, as well.
Nothing is more frustrating than getting everything in your new place and then having no clue where it goes. Have your boxes labeled so that you (or your movers) can drop the boxes off in the rooms they are meant to go in. Saves you time in the long run.
4. Pack plates vertically – They’ll be less likely to break.
5. If you’re renting, take photos of your cleaned-out old home and your new home before moving in.
This is the most vital tip! Make sure that you take a picture of you rental before you move in to show any previous damage so that you do not get charged when your lease is up.