A common mistake we usually make is not to read a contract before we sign. Obtain a copy of any rules and regulations, make sure you go through everything and before you sign the lease, check to see if these are mentioned:
- The beginning and the expiration date
- The rental price and information about your security deposit
- What are the reasons for which your landlord can terminate your lease contract
- Are there any penalties for moving out of your apartment before the expiration date?
- Are there any responsibilities on your head for repairs and such?
- Is subletting allowed ?
- See if you have to buy renters insurance, because it will increase you total cost
- Is there a policy about guest visitors?
Check out more facts about renting an apartment here!